Wednesday 21 June 2017

Apochromatic

An apochromatic lens is one which reduces spherical and chromatic aberrations. (The first part is where stuff looks a weird shape in the photo despite being fine in reality and the other bit is that weird purple haze you sometimes see round the edges of photographic subjects.)

Although that definition gives me a reasonable excuse to post a photo of The Sphere, I have resisted. Instead I've used my own apochromatic lens to photograph a grapefruit. See, no aberrations!

Yes, I am married to a photographer and yes, the poor chap has been interogated mercilessly as I've worked on my latest novel, which features a photographer. Thanks for asking.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Never heard of that word before, and not sure I like it. Doesn't roll of the tongue...but thank you for sharing. :-)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Patsy - that's a word I've never come across ... I do know a photographer of sea monsters who is married to an authoress who posts strange words up for us ... but I see no purple! Purple is the colour of love for this couple! Cheers and enjoy this weather ... good luck with the book ... Hilary

Patsy said...

Sounds more technical than poetic, doesn't it?

Patsy said...

I think I know the couple you mean, Hilary! (There's no purple in the picture because I used an apochromatic lens.)

Crystal Collier said...

LOL. Poor hubby.

Mark said...

Cool! I had no idea about this...I learn soemething new everyday I guess:)

Patsy said...

He's been very good about it - maybe he considers it part of my training as his assistant?

Patsy said...

That's the internet for you!