Wednesday, 9 August 2017

Engram

An engram might not be an actual thing but if it is, it's a memory-trace – a permanent change in the brain which would account for the existence on memory.


I have lots of great memories and this photo represents many of them - they're some of the flowers from our wedding. They were grown in our garden and delivered to the venue in our campervan to an event shared with friends and family.

Obviously there was cake involved and I even signed a copy of my first novel which was released earlier that year. Oh, and my dress was purple.

What do you think? Do the things we experience physically change our brains in some way?

9 comments:

  1. Hi Patsy - interesting word ... I know I have many of those ... my mother dried my bouquet (or part thereof) and had the petals framed up for me. Something happens up here in the greyness - what I've no idea - but I am amazed what comes out! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think whatever we experience in life changes our brains and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course it was purple.

    I know a purple wedding dress would impact my brain. (in a pleasant way of course)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting word - hadn't heard of it or the explanation. I would imagine many things impact on our memory like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know what my problem is. No engram (or a very tiny one). How sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reckon that we do have our brains altered when we have a physical experience of some sort that impacts us perhaps rather profoundly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would think about everything has an effect on the brain. Engram was first used by the founder of Scientology as I recall who also wrote Westerns..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two 'i's' short of a migraine I think!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!